In an email distributed to cast members today Disney revealed the reopening dates for the following resort hotels:
- July 10 – Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House, Disney’s Pop Century Resort, Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- July 29 – Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- August 12 – Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- August 24 – Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
- September 21 – Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- October 1 – Disney’s BoardWalk Resort
- October 14 – Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
One reason these resorts are opening at different times is because of the NBA and MLS seasons resuming at Walt Disney World. We know players will be staying at Coronado Springs for example. Hence, Disney’s Coronado Springs is “closed” till October 14th.
Previously announced resort reopenings are as follows:
On June 22, select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will reopen. These select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts include:
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort
Disney added to this latest release of dates:
“Given the current situation, there are some resort hotels and other areas that are not being scheduled for reopening yet. We will continue to evaluate the situation and reopen more locations when the environment is right to do so.”
We should see this new information displayed on Disney’s public reopening portal shortly.
UPDATE: Disney has just posted the information officially on their resorts reopening page.
We’ll continue to monitor Disney’s reopening plan and bring updates to you here and on our YouTube channel.